Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Annemarie's Christmas Party

Hi All. Are you staying cozified? I've got my new sorel boots on for the soft blanket of snow...It's amazing how much these boots put me in the mode for "getting 'er done" today.

Okay, so I'm happy to introduce you to another one of my special interns, Annemarie. Her time is almost up here at Pickwick House and I am not so happy about. She's been wonderful, funny, full of ideas + tons of tips on style.

Today, she's sharing her idea of the perfect Christmas party. And, she's using my fave color...RED.






For cocktail hour, this setting is my favorite.  I love the use of red especially the use of cranberries.  The wreath has a natural look with the long pine needles.  If you want to recreate this type of wreath, I suggest taking a wreath and spreading the branches out to elongate the design and create that realistic look. 

A delicious drink to serve would be this cranberry margarita from the website My Recipes.  It can be served frozen or on ice.  For a little extra Christmas flair, add a garnish of a holly leaf and sugar around the rim to make the glass look frosted. 
   
For setting the table for a dinner party, I always believe that less is more.  This setting from Martha Stewart Designs reminds me of my mother’s style with the ornaments hanging from the chandelier.  Again I love the use of the deep red, but if red is not your color; this setting could be just as lovely in an emerald green.  

Make sure your guests remember your party by leaving them with a gift.  These ornaments are unique and easy to make, with the only materials being newspaper, modge podge glue, glass ornaments and glitter.  Your guests will love the gesture and be dying to know where you got them!



Cute ideas, huh?

Thanks Annemarie. I'm going to have to try that cocktail recipe!

Have a cheery-cherry-cheeked week, everybody!

xx
sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment