Friday, November 18, 2011

LOST December

"Guard well your spare moments.  They are like uncut diamonds.  Discard them and their value will never be known.  Improve them and they will become the brightest moments in a useful life." ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

source via Teddy Truc

I was looking at the NY times best seller list the other day and saw the title, "LOST December" and the title alone really struck me.   It made me realize that I don't want to wake up in January and go... "What just happened?" 

My 17 year old daughter was pausing the other day and making a verbal account of her year this year, and it made me so happy to hear her say that "THIS HAS BEEN A REALLY GOOD YEar!"  Her statement made me ask myself about my year too.  Whew, has it been a crazy one for me and my family! All in all it's been one of the very best years ever...even with the new storefront, learning how to balance time with customers/clients, family schedules, carving time with Will, teen issues, soccer, soccer, and soccer.  A van  on the fritz.  A new baby.  A 3 year old. A baby at work with me.   We've settled into a really good groove though and have come a long way.  I attribute it to the new cliff builder protein bars. They have made a huge impact.  HA! They have 20 grams of protein and it's amazing what they'll produce energy-wise.  They also curb low blood sugar meltdowns considerably!   

What about you? What has your year been like?  For all you moms out there, I'm sure your year has been googly-eyed too, no doubt.  I see a lot of moms in the same boat... on the same squirel-like-treadmill...even when they have only one child.  When you're a mom, wife, working mom inside or outside the home..pockets of time are few and far between. 

What am I gonna do about it?
I'm going to make a real, "Holiday-spot-lighted-effort" to not fill it with useless junk this December. I guess you could say I'm starting a new years resolution a month early....

Here are my December GOALS:
Be less plugged-in to social media. Turn off the phone and thoughts of the business at 5 oclock. Make time to read with my kids every day.  Carve out time to read to myself.  Take better care of the van that gets my family where it needs to be.  Stay positive, and cheerful, and give praise where needed.  LOVE my family. Give to others who are in need.   Make life simpler by saying yes to less outside stuff. Visit my father in law, and my youngest brother.  Send "love" to everyone around me.  

That should be easy, right?  Shees-ish...Thanks for listening to me ramble upon my personal quests.  
What about you? How are you going to use your December? I'd love to hear from you and see some of you this season!  

May you have a December that won't be lost OR forgotten.  {Oh, and last week and a half of November thrown in too}

With Much Love, and Some Cheers!
xx
sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment