Friday, November 4, 2011

Guest Blogger: Pickwick House Intern

Happy Friday all!  I'm excited for you to hear from my interns, here at Pickwick House.  Starting off, I'd like to introduce you to Morgan Franke.  She is a hospitality, event planning major at MSU.  She's involved mostly with my store layout, store layout for parties, workshops, and stylish ideas for upcoming events.  Today, she talks about trends she's loving in interiors.

Take it away, Morgan...

Alright! Now it’s time to talk about design trends and stuff we love at the Pickwick House. Personally my favorite! So lately I’ve been noticing wood and rustic tones offset by modern twists. Overall it gives a neutral tone but also serves as a pop piece in most rooms. And when offset by patterns and different genres, the room becomes a team where every piece works with one another.

Another trend I’m excited to talk about is the pop of color. This is usually mixed in with large neutral pieces and one or several small pops of color. It brings your attention and your eye all over the room and you don’t miss a detail.

Here they’ve paired a neutral couch with a neutral flooring and the neutral table with the zebra rug and bold pillow patterns.

The last thing I want to talk about is a trend I’m just beginning to notice is large, elaborate, ornate headboards! They can be subtle and blend with your room, or they can serve as the main focal point in which the room is designed around. Since the patterns and possibilities are endless, there’s always room for extremely unique one-of-a-kind pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment