Friday, February 8, 2013

Design Obsession and Crushes: Black and White + Girl Designers

It's no secret that I'm a fan of black and white.  


When I first saw Jenna Lyon's apartment seven years ago in Domino Mag, I was totally awe struck.  By her.  By her style.  Everything about her.  Especially by her daring black rooms and trim color.


This bathroom got a bajillion repins on my pinterest page.  I can see why.  The old school subway tile meets noir black trim.  Totally digging it.  Not sure who the designer is.  Let me know if you know:)  Plus the David Hicks pendant that is all over the web right now, is one that I'm really coveting for our kitchen, butler's pantry, and nook.

 And my new design crush:  really falling hard for designer Bailey McCarthy.  I just discovered her this week, and I must have been living under a rock to not know who she is as a designer.  I love that she's from Chicago too.  {Midwest designer!} But all I can say about her is she's rocking it with her latest.  What about this bathroom above?!  Classic, COOL, black-to-brass bath that I am just utterly dying over!

Here's my shop exterior with nothing but...black and white of course.   That's my little guy running off in the foreground.  One of these days I hope to do a post about the before and after of this building renovation and reface.  You wouldn't recognize the before as the same building.  


Here's the kitchen progress this week.  We decided to paint all the trim black in this room to break up the all white cabinetry and appliances.  Our walls will be all subway tile with grey grout.   Our honed marble countertops and drawers, brass hardware are all going to be installed today!  By next week, our kitchen should be complete, minus the banquette, and refinished ebony floors.  Boy, this has been fun!

Happy Friday!  What are you all doing this weekend?


Pickwick House is a full service design/build company in the heart of the Midwest!  {Springfield, Missouri's Rountree Neighborhood}.  We handle all aspects of residential renovations from small to large projects and are available for full service and consultation design, and/or stylizing from East to West Coast.  Call or email us today.  We may be on location, but we'll get back to you in no time.

 417-459-8988 *sharontaylordesigns@yahoo.com


xx
sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment