Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sneak Peak at Rosie Winstead























































I'm so excited to share a snippet of a an amazing author/illustrator's home, that happens to be my sister's.

As many of you know, I'm the fourth of nine children, with a sweet bouquet of sisters by my side (my brothers are another story). In that bouquet, is my sweet, amazingly talented, giving, inspiring, cute, funny, stylish, and I could go-on and-on-sister, Rosie. Rosie Winstead. She's good as gold at everything she does, but most notably, she's an author/illustrator, flea market maven, interior decorator, sister, wife, and mother to one of the cutest little girls in the world...Goldie.

Rosie has recently refurbished an old bungalow home here in center city Springfield, MO. It has taken her no time at all to make a once-ragged home into THE coolest story-book house ever! It's not completely done, but she was kind enough to let me take a few snapshots of her sweet little abode that's filled with the same decorating sense that carries over into her playful illustrations in her books.

The rest of her home and studio is sure to be a spotlight here in the very near future. I can't wait to show you her kitchen that's outfitted with a viking stove and fridge that I covet. Meanwhile, she is busy being mom and working away on her latest book due out 2010.

The bludot dining table is paired with lacquered black antique chairs. Her chandelier is usually trimmed with her fab "Rosie-Made" creations. I love how she cut out vintage magazine dew drops to hang for her husband's birthday party. Goldie is pictured above with her cat named, Carl. I'm pictured on the left, and Rosie on the right.

And, as my nieces and nephews always say..."I love you Ro-Ro!"

Enjoy!

x's and o'sies,
sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment