Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Tip: Glitterati Style

Pickwick House DIY


Tuesday's tip from Sharon Taylor.

Sharon: Here's a great tip for adding a little bit o' hip to your frames.  Lately I'm LOOOVING campaign dressers for their uniquely styled hardware that is usually brass.

Here's an example of a campaign dresser which happen to also be in the same shade of red {via pinterest}.  Take note of those super cute, brassy, sassy edges.


I thought I'd make my own nod to that campaign effect by embellishing some of our large scale frames at the shop.  We'll be using for some upcoming {spirited} weddings, but I think they'd be fantastic used in interior spaces.  This wedding in particular has a lot of gold glitter going on, so I thought, why not bling up the edges of these guys?  I think they make a great, sassy & smart exclamation mark to an otherwise boring old frame.



So, I purchased two sheets of gold scrapbook paper for $1.99 each at Hobby Lobby.  Traced the shape onto the paper that I wanted, cut them and then hot glued the pieces on.  Super easy, super cheap, and super cute, I think!  I think they give a great sassy & smart exclamation mark to an otherwise boring old frame.  What do you think?


I will share you the finished product here in a few days.

Happy Tuesday!

xx

xx
sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment