Thursday, October 4, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Where to Save and Where to Splurge

I thought I'd use today to share an example of how I help clients decide where to save and where to splurge with the budget when decorating a space.

Let's face it, not everyone has a huge budget to work with.

Both the table and chairs here were inexpensive flea market finds I found for a client.  The table was painted to match the  Thomasville's chairs and we had them covered in a really soft remnant leather that's used as a liner for the insides of fancy purses.  {LOVE my local leather shop!} Some of the leather pieces had blemishes and faded out spots, but we chose to go with it anyway.  We figured the leather would become worn and weathered anyway. To me, leather only gets richer with age.

So, can you guess where the splurge was on this room??

If you guessed the chandelier, you're right.  This was a commissioned piece from a local glass blowing company.  Can you imagine the time it took to build it?  The installation was fascinating.

Happy Thursday everyone!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment