Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SPRING NEWS & TREND Predictions

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  

Need help finding cool things to spring-ify your home? I'll make it happen for you. My eye muscle is trained well and my kids have been teasing me that my online shopping addiction is my own version of 'gaming'.  Haha.  I may not be knowledgable on a lot, but I do know I have some great current and colorful sources on things.  And if we can't find what you're looking for, we can usually customize something for you!

Here are my hot picks for spring.  With Easter coming up real quick, I'm loving this mix of MINT, PEACH, Ombre wheel of HOT PINK, and ICY BLUE.  If you'd like to shop this look, you can go here.  Can't find what you're looking for there?  Maybe you'd like me to create a board to suit your style?  Or have something customized to suit your needs?  I'm happy to do that.  Just give me a call:)

Here's a virtual room above that I put together using those items in the board on top.  What do you think?  I love the peach to pink ombre.  OMBRE is still hotter than ever.  Did you notice that House Beautiful 's magazine cover page text was ombre last month?  LOVE it!  For spring, I predict we'll see a lot of ombre in varying shades of spring colors.

IN OTHER NEWS...

I told you we have chickens, right?  We inherited them from Will's dad who passed away just before Christmas.  This is a pic of Sylvia when the chickens first came to the new house property.  She looks thrilled, huh?  You can tell we're city folk.  I wasn't quite so sure about doing this chicken thing either. But, it's actually really easy, and fun.  They are so pretty, too.  They didn't lay too many eggs at first, and Sylvia was shy with them,  but now she and baby John-John love taking care of them.  John clucks at them like crazy and then laughs.  We like to go check on them every day after school.  Sylvia gets so excited to see how many eggs they've laid.  A good day is four to six, but lately, it's gone up to nearly a dozen eggs per day!  We have an abundance as you see here below.  Now we just need to move in and get to scrambling some eggs on the new stove. 



Will did a little reading up about the chickens and feeding them. We've been giving them scraps of veggies, fruit, and peelings.  I think that's why they are producing so many.  


In other news, I HAD to share this sweet little invitation below with you all.  A young girl threw her dear friend a baby shower here at Pickwick House over the weekend.  It was library themed shower and the invitation is an old library check out card.   Isn't it adorable.  I thought it was such a sweet idea for a shower.  Babies can't have enough good books, can they?





Tea Bar and Bites catered the party with their yummy spread!



Speaking of Tea Bar...Eleanor {my girl} whipped up a most delish new blood orange cupcake recipe last week.  She filled the pastry case with this amazing delectable.  I kid you not, these are THE best cupcakes I have EVER, EVER had!  There is a homemade curd surprise in them too!   And, just so happens that the beautiful oranges are from Home Grown Foods.  How 'bout all that for a batch of local goodness from all our wonderful neighborhood market vendors here on Pickwick street!  I feel so blessed to be here.  I hope you do too.  


Be sure to stop by and say hi to us if you see us at the new house, or Pickwick House...and come see the chickens too.  Cluck, cluckety, cluck! haha.  

Have a great week, everybody:-)

xx
sharon

Pickwick House is a full service design/build company in the heart of the Midwest!  {Springfield, Missouri's Rountree Neighborhood}.  We handle all aspects of residential renovations from small to large projects and are available for full service and consultation design, and/or stylizing from East to West Coast.  Call or email us today.  We may be on location, but we'll get back to you in no time.

 417-459-8988 *sharontaylordesigns@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment