Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fires and Fond Times

Snowed in today.  We're supposed to have a blizzard that is unlike any other we've had since the date of 1912.  It's days like these that I really wish I had a fireplace.  Are you cozying up to your fireplace today?
Isn't there such a welcoming comfort to the blazing light, warmth, crackles, and the smell and pop of that burning wood on a snow day.

Growing up, mom always built good fires for us to sit around and daydream for hours.  Snow days were especially nice because everyone {moms, kids, friends, aunts and uncles} would walk over and congregate as if time was not a care...We'd sit around in the living room and wait for mom's homemade cinnamon rolls to come out of the oven.  After a bit, we'd go out sledding or snow man building.  I miss those days of fires, time standing still, and family.  But today is a day for making fond memories for my own kids.

Until I have a real wood burning fireplace, I'll just light lots of candles, and perhaps I will carefully stack some pretty wood logs in a nook or corner of my house to make it be known that I intend to one day build really useful, comforting and welcoming fires for my family and friends.






Even though these images of stacked wood are so pretty and artful, I still want the warmth and light, don't you?

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the give-away!  IT'S COMing this week.

...one of the quotes that I'm finding so inspirational these days from Mark Twain.


Let the countdown begin!  Our store opening is set for Valentines Day.  The day of LOVE.  Just 14 more days.  It's a date I'm marking as a date with myself and you!  Thank you for your love...

xo
sharon

images via redticking, apartment #34, elle decor, the city sage.

1 comment:

Post a Comment