Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Progress



For those interested in the progress on projects, here are a few snap shots from things going on in the summer. I commissioned an artist for the Staxx project to paint a wall mural to look like malachite.  The picture above is the spec she produced.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I wouldn't mind having her sample just so I can frame it for my walls!


I've been planning/designing a few weddings.  The antlers above are for a smile booth wall installation we're having a builder put together for the event.  These antlers are just a few of the coolest things I get to work with.  I've decided to start doing throw-back Thursdays on the blog to highlight some of the weddings that I've never posted. Do you like that idea or would you rather see more interiors? 



I helped a single girl 'fluff' her house up this summer and also just gave her a few ideas for updating as she was preparing to throw a big party. You might notice that some of the pieces above are from Pickwick House.  The two white lamps are driftwood lamps. From the photo it might look like they are trying to be identical twins, when actuality, they're really quite different in height and form. The striped walls in the background replaced an ugly wall paper and that cool ball cage brass fixture is vintage and one I found to replace a cheap looking chandelier.   I'm not that thrilled with the pillow situation above but it's still better than before:)



Here's a sputnik I found for a really good deal.  The lighting on this pic is a little off.  It was initially chrome metal, but I had it sprayed gold because I'm really into gold and brass lately.  I'm about to finally wrap this project up and will finally be able to have it photographed.

So, what areas are you working on right now?  How do you like cozying up your nests? 

Off to work I go.  Hope you have a wonderful day!

xx
sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment