Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Taylor-Made" DIY project


Taylor-Made" DIY project-- I'm no sewer/seamstress, but my bride for this wedding wanted something different for her head table...so I decided to give her an old Hollywood glam vibe. She had a very vintage themed wedding that had lots of mirrored glass, crystal chandeliers,silver touches, and tiffany box blue. I think this idea could also be used in a much smaller scale for a girls bedroom/or bathroom vanity. DIY Directions: With scissors, and inexpensive suit-lining fabric, I made three sizes of rectangles. Sm,Med,Lrg. Draped the large one first, then the med. on top of that, and the small on top. I then shredded 1x8 inch strips all around the whole perameter of the tablecloth. It took about 2 hours to make this. Required no sewing, and ended up looking kind of Greta Garbo-ish, I think. It also reminds me of the Pepperidge Farms Cocunut cakes that came from the freezer aisle at the grocery store. I loved those as a kid!

1 comment:

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Great job you did! Love the use of chandeliers here....so romantic!

Post a Comment