Thursday, December 20, 2012

KY3 TV Holiday Segment + Centerpiece DIY

The holidays are here upon us! I'm feeling WAY behind this year, but as I've gotten older and added a a few more children, activities, and blissful chaos, I've come to realize it's really just about 'being in the moment'.  Making memories.  That's what the holidays are about, right?  This year, inspiration for my table scape came from that motto.  'Slow Down'.  'Stick close to home'.  Create a warm and inviting wonderland that's simple, yet memorable.

My talented friend Heather from Heather Cherie Photography came by Pickwick House to photograph our latest holiday table scape we created for a KY3 segment.  Hop on over to her blog to see the post and you can see the KY3 segment here.

Clementines are a favorite at our house.  Not only are they such a juicy, easy snack for little hands to grab and peel, they have no seeds. And the skins smell so good as you are peeling the vitamin C goodness.  They also offer a juicy jolt of color for the holidays.  [We buy them by the case around our house.]

DIY Clementine Arrangement:

Materials:
Small wooden box.  {I used one I had on hand from a past wedding}
Nine fresh clementines {We call them cuties.  I like to look for the deeper orange colored ones.  They are my favorite.}
Small sprigs of evergreen {We used pine and rosemary sprigs from the yard}

How To:
Turn the box upside down
Lay the grid of clementines {I put three on each row}
Lay the sprigs of pine and rosemary in between each clementine

That's it!  You're done.  I placed ours over a bed of fresh greens that my friend brought to me.  So easy, inexpensive, useable, and beautiful!!




Add caption


Hope you are enjoying this time of year!   Let us know if you need me and my team to help warm up your home or throw an unforgettable party holiday party this year and into 2013!

xx
sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment