Friday, October 14, 2011

Graphite + Emerald


Hello!  Happy Friday!!  What do you have planned for the weekend?  

My teenagers are doing homecoming festivities.  It's pretty exciting this year.  My Eleanor is art commissioner and she came up with the theme concept/decor/t-shirt design.  It's "INTO THE WILD".  I'm so proud.  Will share pictures soon...

**********************
This week, I'm presenting a bedroom makeover for a woman and her two sweet little dogs.  She loves green.  She also loves a hard-core durability factor and she loves Better Homes & Gardens magazine.  I'm using this room below for inspiration.  What I love about this room is that it is easy-going and livable elegance. You know how you see most homes with elegance that look too pretty to touch?  Well, this room is not that.  The casual linen chairs and bone chandelier are really great combo of relaxed textures and silhouettes against the graphite colored wall. And then the green drapes just knock it out of the 
"back-yard-ball-park" with flirty, fun drama.  Do you love it?  

{Veranda Magazine}



Restoration Hardware Vintage Washed Belgian Linen Quilt and Shams in Graphite


Ballard Designs Stevenson Nailhead Headboard {In Grey}


Ralph Lauren rug called Kenya in ivory and dark chocolate



This is the "before" of the room.  She's starting over in here and I can't wait to get started!!

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!!

xx 
sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the nailhead headboard. And in gray...it will be so chic!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
xo E + J

A Lifestyle Thing said...

OH Eddie, thank you and I agree with you about the grey. I'm having a wonderful weekend and hope you are too! xx sharon

Post a Comment