Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Fling Workshop at Pickwick House



All Images by Adie, of Twin Town Studios

The Spring Fling Workshop was held this past weekend in the brand new showroom at Pickwick House.  I have been so excited and looking forward to doing this for many months now...but when it came down to the thought of speaking, I got struck with some shake-nerves.  I am not a natural-born when it comes to speaking, but I figure I'll only get better with practice and I like that challenge, so I plan to keep doing these workshops.  Normally, I need a glass of wine to calm my nerves before presenting..., but with being pregnant, that wasn't an option.  By the time guests started arriving, oddly, my nerves disappeared. Everyone was so nice and just seemed happy to be here.  Patty Wingo, the amazingly talented culinary guest {star} of the workshop also lightened the mood with her spirit and "spirits"too...  her special spring fling cocktails.  She owns Simply Delicious and I had the wonderful opportunity to work with her last summer when she catered the wedding that is being featured in REAL SIMPLE Weddings {on news stands now}.  Not only has her food always been simply delicious, I am so impressed by her gusto and beyond personalized attention to every detail and carefully scheduled timing of events for serving fine cuisine.  She is exactly what every wedding planner dreams of for a caterer. 

While Patty shared refreshing drinks + recipes and how-to tutorials, I then shared a few table top inspirations and inexpensive DIY decorating tips.  Kendra of Lonie Mae {you need to follow her blog...by the way!} shared a place mat stencil how-to and then, lucky for us, we got to hear some inspiring feedback and ideas from the whole group.  The group was made up of artists, chocolatiers, and architects! Quite an impressive group!!


 Sweet-Sweet Adie of Twin Town Studios photographed {with her amazing-ness} all of the photos in this post. 

It was a good day.  We sold out of the workshop and even enjoyed our own little party! 





Green Thumb Hostess Take-outs 



Inspirer, Kendra Skinner of Lonie Mae
Honey-Dew Melon atop our Honey-Do List-Making Chalkboards
Pencils for note-takers...in a biodegradable coconut fiber pot
Our showroom 
Every guest took home a small chalkboard
Kendra's finished place-mats on yellow burlap
Patty Wingo's Virgin Champagne Recipe
A little sparkly/bubbly with Peach and Pear Juices

Spring Fling {hard lemonade infused with vodka, mint, and cucumber}
Patty has never shared this recipe, but she was so generous to share it with us!

You can't see it very well, but I wrote "Welcome to Spring" on the floor with Chalk

Looking forward to our Easter Basket making workshop on Sunday, April 3rd.

xo
sharon


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, it looks stunning. I wish I still lived in Sprngfield; I would be the first to sign up for each workshop!

Post a Comment