Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day


I hope you enjoyed your mothers day! I sure did. I got sweet love notes, chai tea + boxed soap from my kiddos. I also stopped and smelled our roses.

I was thinking of my dear mom today, too. I'm thankful for all the things she invented for us nine kids. She made swings out of milk crates, snack-size snickers {one bar sliced into ten pieces}, wedding gifts made from curb-side cast-aways, Egg McArnolds, fancy country club-like experiences {stock tank swimming pool + high dive...a ten foot step ladder}, and back yard carnivals. These are just some of her ordinaries that she made into extraordinaries.

And here's one of her quotes..."It doesn't matter where you live or what you do, your imagination can take you anywhere."

A fellow designer was also asking the question, "How your mom influenced your own interior design style?". For me it was always that mom really encouraged us to push the boundaries.
And, repurposing was huge at our house. So, how about you, dear readers? Please share.

{Image via Haute Design}
Have a great week!

xo
sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment